It’s finally starting to warm up here in Blighty, just about, so I’m looking forward to shifting to my spring wardrobe which for me, is all about light, bright layers. I think that spring is one of the hardest times of the year to dress for, with the weather being so changeable, so I’ve put together a few outfits to answer that need. I have to say Zara has pulled out all of the stops for this S/S range, it’s pretty spectacular…
So after a few stressful weeks of exams I was in need of a bit of retail therapy.
My first little purchase was this lipstick (number 225- Blushing Pink) from The Body Shop. These colour crush lipsticks are my favourites and I have had a few compliments on this shade in particular. I’d describe it as a pink rose shade that is perfect for spring/summer. It’s genuinely just extremely pretty!
I bought this little number in the Zara sale. I loved it on the website but I love it even more in real life. The colour is stunning and the coat in general screams quality. I think it will be a piece in my wardrobe for a very long time to come.
If you follow me on Instagram you will have seen that, along with the coat, I bought this beautiful pair of shoes in the Zara sale! They are absolutely stunning and make me feel like a princess when I wear them- how could a girl resit?
It has been an awfully long time since I have been to Primark so when I got the chance to go a couple of weeks ago I was a little bit too excited. Unlike sometimes Primark did not disappoint and I found this gorgeous shirt. I love the subtle mix of prints and think that it is great for either day or night. I have already worn it quite a bit.
Now, but certainly not least, my favourite buy of the lot is this skirt by L K Bennett. I absolutely adore it and not just because I managed to snap it up in a sample sale at a fraction of it’s RRP. I featured this skirt in my ‘Dressing like a lady’ post so you can imagine my surprise and joy when I found it on the rail. I cannot wait to wear it…now I just need an occasion!
1. My Prom dress. So understandably one of my favourite pieces at the moment .
2. I discovered this film, Populaire, on Netfilx and instantly fell in love with it. It tells the story of a country girl who gets a job as a secretary. We follow her and her boss as she enters a type writing competition, her only skill. It’s witty, romantic, terribly enjoyable and is fast becoming one of my favourite films.
3. I don’t tend to wear eyeshadow for everyday looks but this crayon eyeshadow by Rimmel has swayed me. It is a really subtle bronze/gold/taupe colour which I absolutely love.
4. I only started using this toner a few days ago and I can already see that my pores are tighter. Look out for my Boots Haul in a couple of weeks for my full review of this, the eye shadow and lots of other bits and pieces.
5. I adore this jacket. Of course I do! It’s the perfect little number. And the Zara sale at the moment is definitely worth a look.
My shoe of the week was very easy this time because I absolutely adore these Zara heels! They are so chic and versatile whether you wear them for work with a pencil skirt and blouse or for a party with a sweet A-line little number they’ll be the perfect accompliment.